This yummy “nooch” sauce made with nutritional yeast adds a nutty, umami flavor to dishes. The sauce keeps well for three days in the fridge. If you are interested in learning more about nutritional yeast check out this blog post.
Adapted from New York Times Cooking
Yields 8 servings (2 tablespoons each)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl stir together nutritional yeast, 1/3 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Calculated using Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast
How to Use “Nooch” Sauce
- Drizzle on roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.
- Use as a flavorful topping for a whole grain bowl.
- Use in place of traditional salad dressing (can add more water or lemon juice to thin the sauce out).
- Add on top of eggs or chicken for a unique umami flavor.