This week I’m sharing a yogurt-chia pudding I recently tried and fell in love with! If you commute to work like I do, weekday mornings can feel pretty hectic. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s an easy grab ‘n go breakfast. The yogurt-chia-almond milk combination is also high in protein and fiber, which keeps you fuller for longer. It also serves as a great base for any breakfast; so even if this recipe calls for berries, you can easily substitute it for half of a banana. Set aside 10 minutes of today, so you can conquer your morning tomorrow.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- ¼ cup, plain, non-fat yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla (or plain) almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup blueberries
- In a small tupperware, combine yogurt, almond milk and chia seeds. Mix well. Top with blueberries and store in the fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Mix well right before eating.
- Other suggestions that add variety: cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, etc. Don’t be afraid to play with a variety of flavors and combinations!
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 250 calories, 25.5g carbohydrates, 11g protein, 10.75g fat, 11.8g fiber
Recipe adapted from bon appetit by Claire Saffiz, photo from The Health Family & Home blog