Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cans of tuna (we like Trader Joe’s Half Salt Tuna)
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Herbs (cilantro, dill, up to you!)
- 1 chopped celery stick
- ¼ red onion finely chopped (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the tuna. Put the tuna in a bowl and crush with a fork. Add tomato, herbs, chia seeds and two egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites separately until they’ve increased 2-3x in size
- Mix everything together and add to a greased muffin tin, evenly distributed (use oil spray to grease the molds).
- Bake for 40 mins, let cool.
Nutrition Facts: (1 muffin): 42 calories, 1.6g fat, 1.2 carbohydrate, 0.5g dietary fiber, 6g protein