Crustless quiche is always a good idea. This delectable recipe comes together quickly, is flavorful, and high in protein! It’s a great option for any meal. You can make it on a Sunday and enjoy it for breakfast all week. Simply reheat in the microwave for 45-60 seconds. Pairs well with a side salad and tangy/citrusy low calorie dressing of choice.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil for the pan
- 1 (16 oz) package of frozen, chopped broccoli (or 1 cup fresh chopped)
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup full-fat greek yogurt
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped scallions/green onions (optional but recommended)
- 1 cup (4 oz) sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie dish.
- To thaw frozen broccoli: Place broccoli in a large microwave safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after the first 3 min, drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in the broccoli, green onions, and cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 min.
- Allow the quiche to cool and set in the pan on a wire rack, about 15 minutes, before slicing into 8 even slices. Enjoy!
Note: May also use fresh, cooked & chopped broccoli (about 1 cup).
Nutrition Facts (per slice): 170 kcal, 12 g fat, 4 g total carbohydrate (1.3 g fiber, 1.4 g sugar), 12.4 g protein
More low calorie egg recipes: