1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder)
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (leave in seeds for more heat)
1 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin, and curry powder (more to taste)
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 bag spinach, washed
Water or chicken or vegetable broth, as needed
1. In a large pan, sautee onion, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in oil until softened. Add spices and cook for a few more minutes until fragrant.
2. Add peppers, cauliflower, tomatoes, and chicken. Simmer until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside and the vegetables are cooked through. Add water or broth as needed to help the vegetables cook.
3. Stir in the spinach just before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per 1/6 recipe): 184 calories, 4.2 g fat, 17 g carbohydrate, 6.7 g fiber, 18.9 g protein
1. Try this over cauliflower rice! This would also taste great with carrot spirals or zoodles.
2. For a vegetarian version, try substituting 2 cans of chickpeas for the chicken (this brings the calories to 243 per serving).