Baked Shrimp With Tomatoes and Feta
This easy weeknight meal tastes great served over spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice. Delicate shrimp are a great lean protein and a good source of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. Bon appetit!
Recipe serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh dill
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and sautee, stirring until softened (about 3 minutes), then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juice thickens.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until shrimp is cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: 278 calories, 9.2g fat (3.2g sat. fat), 18.5g carb, 2.4g fiber, 6.8g sugar, 30.9g protein.