Nothing like a sunny weekend run or bike ride to get some serious food cravings going! Last weekend my running buddy Mia told me about a super fast (5 minutes!) and satisfying meal she had just made—I literally drove to Trader Joe’s after our run and made it for myself that day! This is a high protein, low carb meal that is fantastic after a workout. Feel free to reduce portion of steak if desired.
Nutrition Tip: Grass-fed beef may contain less total fat and more omega-3 fats, CLA, and antioxidants than conventionally-raised beef.
- 6 oz grass fed organic top sirloin beef steak (1 package)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups of your favorite bagged and chopped greens—I used Cruciferous Crunch
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and season with salt and pepper. Heat an iron skillet or stainless steel pan to medium high. Pour in olive oil. Once hot, add in steak bites. Don’t move them around until seared. Repeat until each bite is browned on all sides. This should only take a few minutes. Check for doneness with a thermometer (145°F for medium).
- Turn down heat and add in garlic. Stir until coated.
- Place salad in a bowl and top with meat. Combine well. Scrape any oil and juices from the pain into your salad as your dressing. That’s it!
Nutrition Facts: 265 kcal, 9 g fat, 6.5 g total carbohydrate (3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 0 g added sugar), 39 g protein