The recipe comes together quickly, so make sure to have all ingredients chopped and ready to go before starting to cook. We hope you love this delicious Asian-inspired meal!
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, any variety, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (~6 cups total) shredded cabbage and carrot mix (such as Trader Joe’s Shredded Green and Red Cabbage with Orange Carrot mix)
- 1 bag (~2 cups) mung bean sprouts
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, well- heated skillet, add 1 tbsp avocado oil. Over high heat cook mushrooms with a pinch of salt (to draw water out) until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and carrot mix and bean sprouts with another pinch of salt. Cook until soft, stirring continuously, until soft but still crunchy, about another 2 minutes. Transfer everything to mixing bowl.
- Add ½ tbsp avocado oil to pan and sauté ground chicken breast over high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir continuously, breaking up meat into small pieces while it cooks.
- When meat is mostly cooked through, add ginger and garlic and cook another minute. Add green onions and coconut aminos and sesame seeds and cook until combined.
- Add veg mix back to pan and cook while stirring just until incorporated.
- Divide into 4 servings and eat as is or top with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 250 calories, 9.5g fat, 11.2g carbohydrate, 3.2g fiber, 6.9g sugar, 28.3g protein.